Tuesday, February 9, 2010


continued from "things I love". see 1-8 below :)
I love
#9
Today is February 9, 2010. So that means I am on task as of NOW :)...since I am writing about #9.
Today I want to be thankful for a warm home. I am grateful. As I ran some errands today in the cold, snowy, wet weather...it was refreshing to come up the hill and see my house. I knew that I was almost home....in the warmth....in the comfort of my own home. There is no where quite like home. No where. It used to exist for me outside this house. Before mom died. I still dream about what it would be like to pack up my kids (whom she never met) and take them along with Aaron and sweet Molly to see my mom and dad for the weekend. What would she do with them? What would she bake? What toy or outfit would she have bought them while she was away from them? Would she be louder than they would be when they first saw each other?? They say "you cant miss what you didnt have"...but, I do.
I am grateful that I have a house...and I am even more grateful that it is a HOME. Candles burning...something baking...bubble baths, bleach, laundry, crockpots, iced tea, warm tea, a broken dishwasher, wooden floors, painted walls, the stocked fridge, tableclothes, messy cabinets, the sound of the boys wrestling in the other room, toys on the floor. It is home. Good and bad...messy and clean...it is still home.
I want to preserve "home" for my kids. I want to always have "home" waiting for them each day....even when it is loud and grumpy. :) Still....it is "home".
I want to live long enough for them to bring their kids to me and Aaron. For us to be louder than they are when they arrive. I want to give them that gift :)
Home.
A place.
A feeling.
A blessing.
A gift.
I am so grateful for HOME.

1 comment:

  1. You make a wonderful home wherever you are; your boys are so blessed, as are all who enter your doors. Your Mom would be SO proud of you.

    ReplyDelete